NEWS FLASH - ZIMRA PUBLIC NOTICE 40 Of 2020
13 August 2020
- Please find attached Public Notice Number 40 of 2020, recently issued by ZIMRA reminding the business community to ensure that documents are issued for the recording of all sales to customers. The documents include Invoices, Tax Invoices, Till Slips, Receipts or other documents recording sales.
- Fiscalised registered operators are also required to produce fiscalised documents. It will be necessary that Clients work with suppliers of their fiscal devices to upgrade the machines to enable the processing of both ZWL and foreign currency transactions.
- Fiscal devices able to display both local and foreign currency amounts now available on the market.
- Businesses must ensure that the above documents are issued for both sales made in Zimbabwe dollars and sales made in foreign currency.
- Where a sale is partly made in Zimbabwe dollars and partly in foreign currency the invoices, till slips or receipts issued to the customer must reflect such currency details.
- The Notice urges the Public to request for invoices, till slips and receipts displaying the currency they have transacted in and or paid for purchases made.
- Where Sellers issue discounts to their customers in either ZWL or foreign currency, they must issue credit and or debit notes to correctly record the changes in currency of trade.
- The Public Notice further reminds taxpayers that any VAT, taxable income, capital gain or mining royalties received/accrued in foreign currency must be paid in foreign currency.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance on the above.
BDO Tax & Advisory Services (Pvt) Ltd
Kudenga House, 3 Baines, Cnr Prince Edward St
P O Box 334, Harare
ZIMBABWE, Office number: +263 242 703 876-8
Or email messages to -
- Maxwell Ngorima- Tax Partner : [email protected]
- Peter Dube- Tax Director
- William Maposa- Associate Director