Under the current conditions of liquidity challenges, equity funders/investors and banks are being much more selective about which opportunities they back and will quickly reject your proposal if you have not comprehensively prepared and articulated your plans and requirements.
At the same time, while raising finance is not necessarily complex, unprepared businesses normally suffer high costs and severe management distraction due to the extent of the due diligence and the risk of incomplete fundraising.
At BDO, we have a database of potential funders who provide financing in its various forms and are willing to invest in Africa across the economic sectors.
We also help companies best present themselves and instill confidence in funders. We reduce the distraction and cost to business by getting companies investment ready and will then negotiate the best terms and structures available.
How we can help you
- Give you a detailed understanding of what is occurring in the equity, money and debt markets and what you can realistically achieve in the current market.
- Advising and assisting you on raising finance from:
- Private equity providers - for development capital, MBOs and partial sale of shares.
- Banks and alternative debt providers – for working capital, industry retooling and other capital projects requirements.
- Capital markets – by preparing companies for IPO, rights issues and further share issues.
- Provide you with knowledge across all types of financing available.
- Provide you with an assessment of the risk and reward from the perspective of both the company and management.
- Matching you with potential investors or financiers that meet your profile.
- Development of the necessary documentation required by the prospective financiers and funders that include but not necessarily limited to the following;
- Feasibility study reports.
- Company secretarial documents.
- Liaise with the financial institutions on your behalf and run a selection process to optimise the financing structure and terms.
- Negotiate terms and documentation.