Protecting a business starts with understanding a business.
As a business grows, information sharing grows along with it – with vendors, contractors, partners, and customers. Each of these digital relationships presents a new set of cyber risk and vulnerabilities. The need for security and the way in which it is implemented must be balanced, thoughtfully, against the needs of an organization to operate effectively, and to actively pursue its future goals. While it is impossible to completely eliminate all risk of a cyber-attack, a well-designed program will minimize the negative impact on both short- and long-term business goals.
Security breaches can have a range of serious adverse implications for your business including; Loss of business resulting from damage to your reputation, fines for data or security breaches, potential costs from legal claims and damage to share price.
BDO’s Cybersecurity team is comprised of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including experienced IT, operations, and data privacy consultants, as well as forensic technology or digital forensics, business advisory, and accounting practitioners. We are configured to provide comprehensive, customized services for each client, focusing on your specific operating model, technical demands, regulatory environment, and industry dynamics. Whether it’s financial services, healthcare, retail, natural resources, public sector or any other industry – we understand your needs.
BDO provides a range of cybersecurity services and solutions:
- Cyber Risk Assessment & Security Testing - Assess risks and identify vulnerabilities to digital assets; evaluate potential impact and exposure, prioritizing risks against the costs of protection. Includes assessments, security testing, remediation, and executive-level reporting to guide security investments. We provide both vulnerability assessments and penetration testing services to help you assess your extent of IT security vulnerability or possibility of attacks originating from outside and within your private network as well as ascertain the extent to which such vulnerabilities can be exploited.Sophisticated attacks can target one or more of the following;
- Web Infrastructure
- Business applications
- Cyber Risk Management Strategy & Program Design - Design and implement a comprehensive program aligned with an existing enterprise risk management framework. Includes strategy, organizational structure, governance, policies and procedures, training, and both internal and external communications.
- Data Privacy & Protection - Establish compliance with evolving global data privacy and protection regulations in alignment with an organization’s existing practices. Implement technology and protocols with applicable data privacy policies in accordance with country-specific data protection requirements.
- Incident Response Planning - Develop and test comprehensive incident response plans to minimize the impact of a data breach. This considers company processes, as well as roles and responsibilities of individuals throughout the organization.
- Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery - Develop and test company-wide business continuity and disaster recovery plans for critical systems, applications, infrastructure, facilities, people, and business processes.
- Digital Forensics & Cyber Investigations - Rapid response to breach incidents, including identification of cause and implementation of remediation measures for affected areas, as well as expert testimony when needed.
- Cyber Awareness Training & Education: Customized cyber education and awareness programs for Boards, management and staff. This includes the development and delivery of both classroom style and e-learning online programs.